When it comes to effective article marketing there are a few points that you have to keep in mind and a few rules you don’t want to break. Using article marketing to get traffic to your website is one of the best things about doing business online. It’s a free method and you can get virtually an unlimited number of visitors to your website and it won’t cost you a dime. It will, however, take some of your time, but that’s about it. Still, well worth the effort.
Here are some of the do’s and don’ts that you want to follow:
1. Pick keywords that get at least 1,500 searches a month but don’t have more than 20,000 competitors. If the keywords have a lot of competition your article will be on page 103 of the search results so no one will see it and it won’t generate any traffic for you.
2. Quantity matters when it comes to effective article marketing. Don’t expect to put out 2 or 3 articles and get swamped with traffic. It’s not going to happen. Instead plan on writing dozens of quality articles that have targeted keywords in them.
1. Don’t try to use too many keywords. Don’t go by the attitude if a few keywords are good, a dozen must be better. Not so. If you put too many keywords in your articles it is called keyword stuffing and the search engines and article directories don’t like it.
2. Put out a bunch of crappy, poorly written articles and think you’ve got it made. If your articles aren’t interesting and helpful people won’t read them. If people don’t read them they won’t see your resource link at the bottom of the article and they won’t go to your website. Take the time to create interesting and helpful articles.
3. Don’t make your articles just one long sales letter. Again, if you don’t offer something of value, like some good information, no one will read your articles and you will have wasted your time.
If you don’t like to write you can hire someone to do it for you, but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of article marketing which is getting a lot of great traffic for free. You really should give it a chance, it’s not as difficult as you may think. Just write like you talk, keep things light and conversational and you’ll be fine.
There are a lot of similarities between article directories, but that doesn’t mean they are all the same. Make sure you read over and follow all the terms of service for each directory you use. And yes, it’s a good idea to use more than one. Just don’t submit the same article to more than one directory. The search engines like original content, if you have more than one article out that is the exact same it is duplicate content and the search engines don’t like that.
Effective article marketing starts with following the rules and using this information as a guide, you can get a lot of free traffic if you do it right.