One of the easiest ways to gain status, leads, credibility and trust from your customers is to write your own ebook.
Many people are intimidated by the thought of creating their own ebooks but the truth is, the process is very straight-forward and it can be enormously profitable. If you are already involved in activities such as blogging, article marketing and creating relationships with newsletters, an ebook is just one step beyond in the whole process but can really give your credibility rating an extra boost.
Here are three steps in how to write your own e-book.
1. Choose a topic for your target audience. Don’t make this into a huge product. Pick something relatively narrow within a major topic. So, for example, if the main topic is “internet marketing”, choose something that fits within that category like “article marketing”, or you could go even further and narrow it down to “keyword research for article marketing”.
Keep in mind that for an ebook to work the way you want it to, it must truly address the problems, concerns, or desires of your target market. The content must be top-of-the-line.
2. Brainstorm. Write down every idea you have, walk away and come back and write more. Put down anything and everything for now.
3. Organize your ideas into an outline. Divide your ideas into headers, subheaders, chapters and write descriptions of each point you include. Make sure to keep track of your references and write those down too.
4. Research. Hopefully you’ve picked a topic that you are familiar with already but whether you have or haven’t you’ll need to do research to make your content as valuable as possible. Take notes, mark references and use quotes as you write your own ebook.
4. Put all of your organized ideas and research into a very long article of at least 30 pages – this is your ebook!
5. Get a second opinion. Chances are you’ll spend quite a bit of time on this endeavor. Make sure that you step back every once in a while to give yourself a break. And when you’re near the end, ask someone else to read it for a more objective opinion. Whether it’s your friend, spouse or a fellow marketer, make sure you get a good, honest critique and, if possible, edit of your work.
Once you’re finished, you can either sell your ebook from your blog or website or you can offer it free of charge for people who sign up – the goal of this is to build your list.
If you decide on the first option, you’ll have to set up a shopping cart system. You don’t have to charge a lot for your ebook to make money and because it doesn’t cost you anything to create the book (if you don’t count the time you spend on it) so anything you sell will be a profit.
So now are you ready to write your own ebook,